“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.”
Fulton J. Sheen
I seem to be in a holding pattern, waiting for the things I want. Here, from a previous blog http://robertf71.blogspot.com/search?q=Waiting , are some things one can do while waiting:
· Practice gratitude for all the good things in life while waiting for better.
· Exercise or do something physical.
· Help someone.
· Work on your Purpose.
· Clean up your place, your car, or your workspace.
· Be present in the moment.
· Do something fun.
· Count your blessings.
· See a movie.
· Bring comfort to someone who needs it.
· Donate or sell things you no longer need.
· Determine the next goal after the thing you were waiting for has arrived.
· Act as if you already have the thing you were waiting for.
· Get Started.
· Keep Going.
The best thing to do while waiting is to enjoy the life I have now and make the most of it. What I want to do is be able to look back and say, “I used my time well and that I had a good attitude. I wasn’t resentful, but I understood that waiting is part of the process.”
This is easier said than done, but it’s not impossible. Hopefully, the wait won’t be long, but if it is, doing these things will shorten it.