"People need to be reminded more often than they need to be instructed."
I’m not feeling well. I don’t know if I’m tired or just not eating well, but I just want to go to sleep. I tried watching a video, but that wasn’t what I wanted to do. So I’m going to write one more blog and then go to bed.
Why don’t I just go to bed now? It’s late and I’m tired. I’m not going to bed now, because if I write this blog, it’s one step closer to my goal and one less blog to write later. Since I just feel a little off and no terrible, I can do this. This is the one of the benefits of Purpose. It gives me drive and motivation even when I don’t feel my best. That alone makes me feel better.
This doesn’t have to even be a long blog. I could stop now if I wanted or I could write for ten more pages. I won’t do either. What I will do is remind myself of why I’m doing this.
· I want to spend my life with my Muse.
· I want to live in my house on the beach.
· I want to read, write, and speak for a living.
· I want enough money to put my kids and my grandkids through college.
· I want a healthy relationship with God.
· I want my children to grow up happy, healthy, and also have a good relationship with God.
· I want to live joyfully, gratefully, and peacefully.
It helps to keep these goals in mind. It helps to remind myself why I’m doing this when I could be doing anything else. I’m so grateful for this opportunity and I don’t want to miss it. So one more blog, even a short one, helps. It also helps me to remember that motivation needs to be constant. In addition to all the busyness and choices, one also has to fight all the negative influences, both internal and external that tell me I’m taking on too much or that it’s my vacation and I should relax.
So I keep my goals in front of me. Just one more reminder to Get Started and Keep Going.