“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18
“You must assume sole responsibility for living in a strange world. It is no burden. It is a gift. When you are no longer at odds with this world, you will understand there is no occasion for fear, doubt…or regret.”
Matt Nixon – Wolverine 181
Thank you! I am grateful to be here.
· I am grateful to those who are reading this.
· I’m grateful for the gift of writing.
· I’m grateful for my health and for time to work and for the beautiful weather.
· I’m grateful that I can take a walk later or talk to a friend.
· I’m grateful that I had lunch with my daughter.
· I’m grateful for my parents and my family.
· I’m grateful that I live in a free country.
· I’m grateful that I have a job.
· I’m grateful that my car runs.
· I’m grateful for family and friends.
· I’m grateful for the peaceful circumstances I’m experiencing at this moment.
· I’m grateful for the music I can hear and enjoy.
· I’m grateful that I have enough money to meet my needs, if not my wants.
· I’m grateful that I can’t have all I want.
· I’m grateful for my mind.
· I’m grateful for all I’ve learned, easily or the hard way.
· I’m grateful that my body works.
· I’m grateful that even though I need reading glasses, my eyes still work.
· I’m grateful that I’m alive.
Why all the gratitude? Is this about Thanksgiving, which is in two days? No. I just like practicing it. I don’t do this enough. There are so many things in my past and present to be thankful for, but there are things in the future to be grateful, too. This is not only gratitude; it is faith. It is faith that life is good, that God is good and that He has good things in store for me.
So here are things that I’m grateful for because I’m looking forward to good things:
· I’m grateful for my house on the beach
· I’m grateful that my daughters are going to be beautiful, kind, healthy women.
· I’m grateful that I’m going to reach my financial goals.
· I’m grateful that I’ve been chosen to make a difference in the world.
· I’m grateful that I took the opportunities I was given.
· I’m grateful that I’m going to live a long and healthy life.
Can gratitude change my circumstances? Perhaps. Or perhaps it helps me to see those circumstances differently. Or perhaps both are true. Being content and calm beats the alternative. To Get Started and to Keep Going also beats the alternative. For that, I’m grateful.