“One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
"There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
At this moment I’m feeling tired and discouraged. So there’s only one thing to do:
Be thankful. Actually, there’s more than one thing to do. I can also be positive.
In fact, here are a few more things I can do:
· Look at the lily on my kitchen counter.
· Drink water.
· Go to sleep.
· Take a walk.
· Do my work.
· Realize that many things that seem difficult may actually be blessings.
· Realize that I have all I need, and far more, for this moment.
· Stop working for a while.
· Think of things to be thankful for.
· Write a letter to a friend.
· Take a shower.
· Have a bowl of popcorn or a bowl of ice cream…or both.
· Read some comic books.
· Put on some quiet music.
· Read The Brothers Karamazov.
· Watch something funny
· Turn on my Lava Lamp.
· Look at something funny on the Internet.
· Sit outside with a cup of hot chocolate and some quiet music.
· Think of five things I’m looking forward to tomorrow.
· Think of five good things that happened today.
· Let things go.
· Ask myself, “What problem do I have at this very moment?”
· Clean my place.
· Fold my clothes.
· Wash my dishes.
· Do some Sudoku.
· Finish this blog.
· Get Started.
· Keep Going.