“Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.”
“Be like a postage stamp. Stick to it until you get there.”
“Failure cannot cope with persistence.”
I have less than an hour to do all the things I want to do. At the very least, I want to write a blog. I’m tired and I’m actually falling asleep, but if I can finish, I might feel better. Sometimes it’s just about getting something done. And at other times it’s about taking care of one’s self. I’m not sure which one is more important here.
I’m not good at taking care of myself. My fatigue also brings up questions.
· Should I resist it or accept it?
· Is it better to take care of myself or keep my commitments?
· Am I making the best use of my time?
· What will matter in the long run?
Then the harder questions come:
· Am I moving towards my goals?
· Am I making a difference?
· Does anyone read my work? (I almost never get any comments.)
· Am I going to reach my goals?
The truth is that sometimes this is just hard. It just is. There’s no other way to say it. I’m working without seeing the results. It feels like I’m working for free (I am), but without any assurance that one day I’ll be paid.
Then I remember what I’m fighting for:
· The house on the beach
· My children
· Financial freedom
· For the privilege of living out my dreams
· To set an example
· Because God wants me to do this.
So I’m going to write for a few minutes and then rest for a few minutes. I really am grateful that I can do this. Yes, it’s a battle and a battle has Enemies. These are mine:
· Lack of direction
· Lack of Purpose
· Wasting time
· Wasting my life.
So even though this is a short blog and even though I’m falling asleep, I did it. Now I can rest for a few minutes. Then I can Get Started and Keep Going.