“Our lives are a sum total of the choices we have made.”
“The talent is in the choices.”
Robert De Niro
“Nobody is perfect, but life is about choices.”
LL Cool J
I’m tired. I tried writing about an hour ago, but I couldn’t do it. All I wrote was stuff that was negative and unhelpful. So I took a nap and I decided to try again. If I don’t do any better this time, then I’m going back to sleep.
I feel much better for having taken a nap. I made a commitment to be in bed by 11:30 so I had better write quickly if I want this blog done. So here are some thoughts that are running through my head.
· Almost all my successes and failures in life have been the result of choices I made or wouldn’t make.
· I don’t have to write this blog. I choose to.
· There are people who have disappointed me, but through their actions they warned me they would, so I chose that, too.
· With regard to choice, there are really only two things I can ultimately choose: my actions and my attitudes.
· If things aren’t going the way I like, I can almost always choose something different.
· Often that means choosing a different attitude.
· Sometimes it means choosing different actions.
· Sometimes I have to make choices that feel hard now, but I know will make my future better. So those choices aren’t that hard now.
· Choosing to keep my word is one of the most important choices I can make.
· Choosing how to use my time is another very important choice.
· So is choosing how I use my money.
· Choosing friends carefully is a skill that took me a long time to learn.
· Sometimes I think all happiness comes down to three choices: choosing God, choosing the right partner in life and choosing the right work.
· Choosing to write this blog instead of doing something else was a good choice.
· So was choosing to take a nap before I wrote this blog.
· Choosing gratitude is one of the most important skills I can develop.
· Choosing to Get Started and to Keep Going was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life.
· Making those same two choices almost every day was an even better decision.
· Choosing to end this blog is another good choice.