I just want to write a quick letter in case I haven’t told you lately how much I appreciate you. I will make this quick, but that doesn’t mean it’s not important. I just know that you want me to be responsible with my time. So here is what I want to say:
· Thank you for spending time with me today.
· Thank you for all the time you spend with me.
· Thank you for never getting tired of me.
· Thank you for never getting tired of my fears.
· Thank you for laughing at my fears while not laughing at me.
· Thank you for requiring only one thing of me – that I spend time with you every day, faithfully.
· Thank you for reminding me that pursuing you, not fame or money or success, may actually bring me fame, money and success. At the very least, I will be happy for the rest of my life.
· Thank you for being patient with me as I grow and develop as a writer and as a human being.
· Thank you for all you are saying through me.
· Thank you for giving me something new to say every time.
· Thank you that what you are saying through me is showing me the kind of man I want to be and can be.
· Thank you for the special times when all I had to do was sit and the words came with almost no effort at all. Those times encouraged me.
· Thank you for the other special times when great effort was required. Those times strengthened me.
· Thank you for always waiting lovingly and patiently for me when I allow other things to distract me.
· Thank you for causing me to miss you when I allow other things to distract me.
· Thank you that you always have something to teach me.
· Thank for you teaching me that being consistent and persistent are my two greatest strengths.
· Thank you for telling me to be patient and that the day I am waiting for will come as long as I keep working.
· Thank you for not being impatient about how many times you have to tell me to be patient.
· Thank you for the body of work you have inspired and helped me to create in such a short time.
· Thank you for showing me new ways to do my work as long as I continue to be faithful with the old ways, too.
· Thank you for your forgiveness when I am selfish or scared and for your forgetfulness once I spend time with you.
· Thank you for seeing me as the man I can be rather than the man I sometimes am.
· Thank you for all the books you encourage me to read.
· Thank you for giving me one more thing to wake up for every day.
· Thank you for not being picky about where I spend time with you as long as I do spend time with you.
· Thank you for the future and for all the gifts and inspiration you are going to give me.
· Thank you for pushing me beyond my limits, thus making me realize that perhaps all my limits are in my mind.
· Thank you for reminding me that fear is also all in my mind.
· Thank you for helping me and inspiring me to write this.
· Thank you for the next blog I’m going to write tonight.
· Thank you for being the perfect partner for me. I love you.