“I really, really want to produce. That's the top of my to-do list.”
“We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own 'to do' list.”
Here is a list of things I need to remember on a regular basis:
- Life is hard, but it’s good, too.
- I’ve had a lot of blessings in my life.
- I’m very blessed to be able to write.
- I’m thrilled that every time I write, I have something new to say.
- I’m thrilled that there are so many different ways to get my message across to the world.
- I’m grateful for my health.
- Marcus Aurelius was right when he said that it’s not the thing that’s good or bad, but our perception of the thing that makes it good or bad.
- Every time I write or do a radio show or do anything that aligns with my purpose, I feel like I’m getting a free therapy session.
- Every time I study, I feel like a giant.
- In less than one year, God willing, I will have written 500 blogs.
- In fewer than two years, I will have my cottage on the beach.
- Sometimes when I’m writing I mix up the words “write” and “right.” Maybe that’s because it feels right to write.
- There really is no substitute for action.
- I’m doing things in my life I never thought I could do.
- The five most precious gifts I have ever been given are
- My children
- My health
- This moment
- The intellect God gave me does not make me feel superior. Rather, it humbles me, because I know I am responsible to use it wisely and well.
- A cup of coffee at night, after dinner, is a real treat.
- When I save money, I feel powerful.
- I am so grateful that I have the choice to take action and feel better than to take no action and feel bad.
- I’m really grateful for my hearing.
- I’m grateful for my ability to read. That has changed my life.
- I’m grateful that not only every day, but also every moment, is a chance to start over, to create a new life.
- “A real writer doesn’t just want to write; a real writer has to write.” Unknown
- The gifts I have been giving are the most amazing gifts in the world. So are everyone else’s gifts.
- There are people who have hurt me or left me when they shouldn’t have. There are far more many people who have loved me and stuck with me when they shouldn’t have.
- Tomorrow I’m going to work on getting one of my books published.
- If I stop expecting to be perfect, I’m going to be a lot better.
- Nothing makes me more tired than hard work, except avoiding hard work.
- I just want to make a positive difference in this world.
- I want to live for a long time so I can do a lot of good, but in case I go sooner than I hope, I’d better Get Started now.
- The best way to redeem the past is to change the present.
- I love flowers, but the lily is my favorite.
- I love seasons, but summer is my favorite, especially the summer nights after a hot day.
- I love my blogs, but this one is my favorite…or one of them anyway.
- I’m grateful for this time of healing.
- I’m grateful for all the times God rescued me by sending me an unexpected phone call or message from a friend at just the right moment.
- I’m grateful to you for reading this.
- It’s time to Get Started and Keep Going. It always is.