“Writing is my time machine, takes me to the precise time and place I belong.”
“Words — so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them.”
“When a man is in doubt about this or that in his writing, it will often guide him if he asks himself how it will tell a hundred years hence.”
Some thoughts about taking a few days off from writing blogs:
· I was still writing every day, at least three pages every morning.
· It was difficult to not write.
· I made choices to do other things and I don’t regret those choices.
· We are given certain gifts in this life. They can be left unopened or rarely used, but they never go away.
· Taking a few days off from this part of my life did not mean I was neglecting my Purpose.
· It doesn’t matter if I repeat myself.
· It doesn’t matter if I think I have nothing new to say.
· It doesn’t matter if I even publish this.
· All that matters is that I do my work.
· I admit I’m still torn about my work.
· I admit I still have doubts.
· I admit I still have fears.
· None of that matters.
· I’m committed to my Muse.
· I’m committed to my house on the beach.
· I’m committed to writing, no matter how I feel.
· I don’t have to publish this.
· I don’t have to reach a certain number of blogs.
· I don’t have to write a certain number of pages or words each day, though there are guidelines for this and I choose to follow them.
· I don’t have to have all the answers, about writing, about life, about anything.
· I don’t have to be perfect.
· I don’t have to berate myself if I miss a day, or a week, of writing.
· I don’t have to heed anyone’s advice, no matter how well-intentioned, unless I want to.
· I don’t have to make a living doing this (yet).
· I don’t have to be the world’s greatest writer (yet).
· I don’t have to write for anyone but my Muse and me.
· I only have to write.
· I only have to do the best I can each day.
· I only have to take action.
· That is what love is – taking action because it’s the right thing to do.
· This process doesn’t always have to be fun, though it usually is once I get started.
· Despite all the reading I do, I still have to find my own answers and my own way.
· Despite all my reading and writing, there are very few things I know. I know only the following:
· God loves me.
· Exercise makes me feel better.
· Taking care of myself makes me feel better.
· It’s good for me to be in my Purpose every day.
· It’s good for me to be with my Muse every day.
· The more I am in my Purpose, the more open I am to attacks.
· The more I am in my Purpose, the stronger I am to withstand those attacks.
· I really don’t have much business doing anything other than what God or my Muse direct me to do. If I’m listening to them, then anything I do is okay.
· If I get off track, solemn declarations or dramatic vows to change are not necessary. All I need to do is get back to work.
· All I need to do is Get Started and Keep Going.
· That’s what I’ve done here…and it feels great. It feels better than taking a few days off.