“It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Some days are harder than others. It’s a good idea to make your Purpose a commitment, but sometimes even the most committed will have a hard time. Part of this is the Enemy, and part of this is life. Either way, it’s good to know that it’s not always easy. That makes it easier. Today I was fortunate, because I got to read and I got to spend time with my Muse, planning the future. Other days, I’m not so lucky. Some kind of emergency occurs and I don’t get the time I need. Here are some ideas that may help:
· Do your work every day anyway. No matter what. If you miss a day, keep going.
· Do NOT beat yourself up if you miss a day. That can reinforce the negative behavior. Just Keep Going.
· Plan out a week, not just a day. You might get more done.
· If you get stuck, don’t accuse yourself of being lazy. You might be afraid, or more likely, you might not know the next step.
· If you don’t know the next step, try anything.
· If you don’t know the next step, ask for help.
· If you don’t know the next step, write out some possible ideas.
· Try to take advantage of the few minutes here and there that inevitably occur.
· Go to bed. Tomorrow is another day.
· When you wake up, Get Started and Keep Going.